- This event has passed.
Fire Ban Lifted effective Aug 30, 2013
August 30, 2013 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Due to the heavy rainfall in the Park and surrounding area, the “No Fires” signs have come down from the entrance Gates in the park, however, please act responsibly and use caution. Please note the following guidelines as per the Skagit County Website:
- Fires must be in an enclosure that is a minimum of 18 inches high, no larger than three feet across, and made of cement block, stones, or #10 gauge steel.
- Burned materials must be kept lower than the sidewalls of the enclosure.
- A charged garden hose, or two, five-gallon buckets of water, or a 5 gallon class-A fire extinguisher with a shovel must be on site.
- Fires must be 10 feet from any standing timber and there must be no tree branches within 10 feet above the enclosure.
- There must be at least one person 16 years of age or older who is capable of putting the fire out in attendance at all times.
- Debris-burning fires are not allowed until further notice. If residing within the city limits of any of the incorporated cities or towns, contact your city fire department for current burning restrictions.